For winter weather information, please visit the NYC Severe Weather webpage (http://www1.nyc.gov/site/severeweather/index.page), which provides real-time updates on weather reports, road/traffic restrictions, school closures, and other information related to City services. This page also has a link to PlowNYC (http://maps.nyc.gov/snow/), which allows the public to track the progress of City salt spreaders and plows.
Another good resource is the NYC Winter Weather Hazards page (http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/hazards/winter.shtml) which provides helpful tips and information for safety and preparation.
- New Yorkers should continue to call 311 or contact 311 Online (http://www1.nyc.gov/311/index.page) for non-emergency situations or for information about the storm and/or services available. Call 911 immediately for any emergency situation.
- For power-related issues, contact your utility provider:
- Con Edison 24-hour hotline: 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633)
- National Grid 24-hour hotline: 1-718-643-4050
- PSEG 24-hour hotline: 1-800-490-0025
- New Yorkers are also encouraged to sign up for Notify NYC (https://a858-nycnotify.nyc.gov/notifynyc/), the City’s free emergency notification system. Through Notify NYC, you can receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails alerts about severe weather events and other emergencies.